Welcome to the CREED College Readiness Program!
The CREED COLLEGE READINESS PROGRAM helps young people reach their educational goals and attend the college of their choice.
"Thanks to all of you for your support over the past three years. As we enter our fourth year, we have focused our efforts on reading, readiness, retention and research. These specific foci are a result of an assessment of our past work and needs expressed by our participants. As always, we need your support to continue the work with our students. Your help is so appreciated and necessary; your contributions help us stay true to our mission and to our goal to keep our services to our students and families without costs. Though you will soon receive a fundraising appeal, consider making a donation now at creedonline.org/donate-to-creed", Terrence Mitchell, Executive Director.
The goal of CREED is to:
- Help students and their families make affordable and attainable college choices that match the student’s abilities and interests.
- Provide information and experienced advice to students and their parents to increase their potential for success.
- Work with students once they arrive on their respective campus to provide them support and guidance to ensure their persistence and subsequent graduation from their institutions.
CREED was founded in 2010 with the intent to help young people with their college decision making process. Our name, CREED, is symbolic of our motto: Believing in our Youth.
Our mission and vision statements, along with a brief history help illuminate our hopes for our program's participants. Click here to learn more about us.
- We are off to another great year working with our parents, partners and participants. This site will soon be updated to let you know about upcoming programs and activities. Visit the calendar page often for updates to our schedule. Believing in our Youth! Terrence Mitchell and Rhonda Matthews, Co-Founders, CREED (www.creedonline.org)
- Featured Article: Dr. Danine Fleming, a longtime CREED supporter and donor, discusses how consideration of the Physcian's Assistance track in Health Care is viable for students making practical choices about their education. Exec. Dir. Mitchell will also share statistical information summarizing CREED's work since it's founding in 2010. There will also be a brief discussion connecting the refocus of our efforts to our new statement about our work.
- Remember, if you are employed in higher education as an administrator or faculty member and have an idea for an article, story or opportunity that you want to share with our students, families and stakeholders; please email Terrence Mitchell at email@example.com. Editorial information will be shared upon request. See our news page for examples of articles submitted by former contributors. Spring publication deadline; March 1 and Summer, June 1 annually.
Sign up for our Mailing List!
CREED supports the Standards of Practice of both the Independent Educational Consultant Association (IECA) and the National Association for College Admissions Counselors (NACAC).